Top 5 Smartphones to buy in Philippines in the year 2018
Samsung Flip Phone SM-W2018
2018 could be a dream year for all flip phone lovers.The electronics giant flip phone model SM-W2018 has been in the news for awhile now.
What to look for in this model ?
- Samsung SM-W2018 display : it has both an external display unit and an internal display unit both 4.2 inches with HD1080p resolution.
- Samsung SM-W2018 Processor: this handset will house a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor.
- Samsung SM-W2018 Memory and storage : 4GB RAM with 64GB storage capacity.
- Samsung SM-W2018 Camera : 12-megapixel rear and 5-megapixel front camera.
Latest reports from sammobile suggests that the device firmware has entered the testing phase with version number W2018ZCU0AQI9.
Apple iPhone X
Yes its Apple tenth anniversary iPhone ! Apple iPhone X was launched alongside the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus during an event at the Apple’s new $ 5billion spaceship HQ. in California.
The iPhone 8 & iPhone 8+ are available for pre-order from 15 September but the iPhone X pre-orders starts on 27 October and shipping starts on 3rd November 2017.
Let's Have a look what this tech marvel is all about !
- iPhone X Display : 5.8 inch OLED, Super Retina edge to edge display. Apple calls this mode HiDPI mode. The goal of Retina Displays is to make the display of text and images extremely crisp, so pixels are not visible to the naked eye. It has 2436 x 1125 pixel resolution at 458 pixel per inch. The display unit has rounded corners enclosed within a smooth surfaced rectangle.The display unit is coated with oleophobic coating making it scratch & fingerprint resistant.
- iPhone X Processor : The processor is the A11 Bionic, a 64-bit ARM-based system on a chip (SoC), designed by Apple Inc. This processor holds the record with the highest score on single core on the geekbench test criteria. The processor used in the device also has an embedded M11 motion coprocessor. The M11 coprocessor function is to collect sensor data from integrated accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses and offload the collecting and processing of sensor data from the main central processing unit.
- iPhone X Camera: front camera is 12MP wide-angle and telephoto cameras
With Wide-angle: ƒ/1.8 aperture & Telephoto: ƒ/2.4 aperture. The back camera is a true depth 7MP camera with ƒ/2.2 lens aperture & face recognition technology.
- iPhone X Memory & Storage: 3GB RAM with 64,256 & 512 GB storage capacity
Dated : 3rd october 2017 The iPhone X has some issues related with the romeo and juliet facial recognition module as per The Wallstreet Journal which might delay the shipping process.
Xiaomi Mi 7
Chinese New year 2018, and Mobile world congress 2018, held in Barcelona the prime time for shopping & New products in the market. Hearsay evidence suggest that Xiaomi is targeting to launch the Mi7 around this period. Sources say Qualcomm is optimising the Snapdragon 845 systems on chip(SoC) for the Mi7 device. We will see the Snapdragon 845 in many other mobile computing devices in 2018.
Let's have a look at the expected Xiaomi Mi7 technical specifications:
Xiaomi Mi 7 Display : Leaks suggest the Mi7 to have a OLED display manufactured by Samsung with aspect ratio of 18:9 with HD 1080p resolution
Xiaomi Mi7 Processor : it will house a Snapdragon 845 systems on chip(SoC) which supports downloading speed of 1.2Gbps. The Snapdragon 845 offers more performance for the same power consumption or the same performance at lower power consumption compared.This should translate into better performance for the Snapdragon 845 while keeping power consumption in check.
Xiaomi Mi7 Camera : Sources say it will have dual 12 MP camera.
Xiaomi Mi7 Memory & Storage: we expect it to come with 6Gb & 8GB RAM variations with storage 64 & 128 GB.
The Xiaomi Mi7 rear panel is supposed to be made of ceramic glass, which indicates it will support wireless charging.
Google Pixel 2
The Pixel 2, successor to Pixel is the second phone made by Google in the Pixel family of phones. It's smarter, simpler and more powerful than its other brothers. This phone has the best camera with a DxOMark score of 98 beating iPhone 8 & Galaxy 8 with score’s 94.
Let's have a look at this Google marvel :
Google Pixel 2 Display : it has a 5 inch OLED display with full HD. The resolution comes at 1,920 x 1,080 with 441 ppi. The aspect ratio is 16:9. The display is made of corning gorilla glass 5 which protects it from drops more than 1.6 metres on rough hard surfaces.
Google Pixel 2 Processor : it comes up with an 64 bit Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC with frequency 2.35Ghz + 1.9Ghz.
Google Pixel 2 Camera : the pixel camera have their own league, the top in the line !! on the DxOMark the Pixel 2 received 99 for photos & 96 for videos making a total score of 98. The rear camera has 12.2 MP sensor with 1.4 μm pixel size. The lens has f/1.8 aperture. The front camera has a 8MP sensor with 1.4 μm pixel size. The lens has f/2,4 aperture with fixed focal point.
Google Pixel 2 Memory & Storage : the Pixel 2 has 4 GB LPDDR4x RAM and comes in 2 variants with storage 64GB & 128GB.
The scuttlebutt has it that OnePlus is gonna skip the T version of the OnePlus 5 model. A possible reason for OnePlus to do it might be Qualcomm’s decision to abandon SnapDragon 836 SoC. OnePlus 5 was launched earlier this year in May and for the company to stay competitive with other Brands going with edge to edge screens and 845 Soc it is quite expected by OnePlus to go forward without the T version of the OnePlus 5 model.
What can we expect from the OP6 tech features?
OnePlus OP6 Display : it might have a edge to edge screen with 18:9 ratio to stay in game with other brands. We are still waiting for a word from director of OnePlus Global Carl Pei about it.
OnePlus OP6 Processor : we can expect this device to come with a 845 SnapDragon.
OnePlus OP6 Camera : OnePlus 5 Camera has been a let down due to the aperture size of the second camera, causing high noise levels at software zoom. OnePlus might get that aspect fixed in the OP6 model.
OnePlus OP6 Memory & Storage : 8Gb RAM & 128Gb storage. We might expect a sd card clot in the OP6 model.
The OP5 had great success with its Dash charging, this fast charging feature means that the internal battery can be charged very quickly , it needs about 10 mins to charge from single digit to 50%.
Pictures taken from asiae.co.kr,www.apple.com,bgr.com,Gizchina.com